We're delighted to return to St Mary's in Thatcham as part of the Thatcham Festival. And we are very excited to welcome Victoria Benjamin who will play the virtuoso solo in Iturralde's Pequeña Czarda (you may remember her wonderful performance of Riverdance a few years ago which went down a storm). Scroll down to find out more about Victoria.
Date: Saturday 19th October 2013, 7:30pm
Venue: St Marys Church, Church Gate, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 3PN
Sounds from the Mediterranean including Capriccio Espagñol by Rimsky Korsakov and pieces by Ravel, Bernstein, Rossini and Michel Legrand. We’ve been generous with our interpretation of Mediterranean – and you’ll see that it’s a spirited programme!
Our programme includes
· Pequeña Czarda by Pedro Iturralde
· Pavane pour une Infante défunte by Maurice Ravel
· Cappricio Espagñol by N. Rimsky-Korsakow (op. 34)
· Tarantella by Gioacchino Rossini
· Les Demoiselles de Rochefort (themes from the film) by Michel Legrand, arr. Jean Brouquières
· Four Dances from Westside Story by Leonard Bernstein, arr. Ian Polster
· El Camino by Jerry Nowak
· Jardin d’Espagñol (Gardens of Spain) by Harry Sosnik
· Suite Francaise by Darius Milhaud
· Vesuvius (for concert band) by Frank Ticheli
Tickets are available in advance from the Family Bookshop, orchestra members or contact Gay Spackman email@example.com or 0118 9712575 in advance £10 (concessions £9, U18s £2).
On the door, full price tickets are £12 (or concessions £11 and U18s £2)
Looking forward to seeing you all...